We won’t share your data, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Taking action to be better.
We’re committed to cultivating a workplace where every voice matters.
We’ve made a strong commitment to inclusion and community, and we’re working together to positively affect our organizational culture.
By tapping even further into both operational and creative talent in Canada’s racialized and marginalized communities, we will become a more inclusive and equitable workplace. Making meaningful and positive changes requires a willingness to take an honest look at past processes.
Our work is ongoing and never-ending as we strive to learn, improve, and be better.
This page describes our commitment and progress towards diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in our workplace.
STRIVING FOR EQUALITY
Our imperative is to create a workplace and an environment that is: equitable, diverse, and inclusive; and where everyone can be themselves and do their best work.
This includes the following priorities:
Removing Barriers and Bias: We have committed to sustaining diversity, inclusion and cultural equity in our workforce, governance, and services to members and stakeholders.
Inclusion Education & Training: Employees must feel included, safe, and supported by better understanding and respecting each one another and those we serve.
Workforce Census: We are dedicated to deepening our relationship with diverse communities, especially Indigenous, racialized, the Deaf and disabled, and other marginalized populations so we can better serve those communities.
Learn more about SOCAN’s framework for change.
OUR WORK TO DATE
We’ll update this list as we continue to make progress. If you have any comments, we welcome your thoughts. Contact us.
- SOCAN Equity/Diversity/Inclusion, and Anti-Racism Action Plans (CPAMO Report)
- SOCAN Equity/Diversity/Inclusion, and Anti-Racism Action Plans (CPAMO Summary Report)
- SOCAN-signed BDRB Declaration to End Anti-Black Racism
LISTEN & LEARN WITH US
We are continuously deepening our knowledge to remove barriers and bias and create effective allyship by participating in meaningful conversations with community partners.
- Human Rights Commission of Canada – Anti-Racism
- Breaking Down Racial Barriers (CIMA/Advance)
- Music Canada Research – Diversity and Inclusion in Canada’s Music Industry
- SOCAN AND SOCAN FOUNDATION MARK 2021 INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY WITH SPECIAL VIDEO
- LEADERS GATHER TO SIGN “DECLARATION TO END ANTI-BLACK RACISM IN THE CANADIAN MUSIC INDUSTRY”
- SOCAN FOCUSES ON INDIGENOUS EDUCATION, MUSIC ON CANADA’S FIRST-EVER DAY FOR TRUTH AND RECONCILIATION
- SOCAN FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF INAUGURAL BLACK CANADIAN MUSIC AWARDS
- SOCAN LAUNCHES INCLUSION REVIEW WITH CULTURAL PLURALISM IN THE ARTS MOVEMENT ONTARIO
What to join the SOCAN Team? Explore opportunities.