We won’t share your data, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Song Camp Mondays
SOCAN Songcamp Mondays support your craft development by connecting you with other music creators.
Every month, three writer applicants are selected for a co-writing session held in our fully equipped Sound Lounges in Toronto, L.A. and Vancouver. Participants for Song Camp Monday are selected at random from all submissions. If selected, you will be contacted around two weeks before the session. All applications remain on file for the calendar year. We encourage you to reapply each January.
SOCAN is pleased to offer accommodation in Los Angeles, Nashville and Paris exclusively for SOCAN writers, composers and publishers who are visiting these cities to further their career, craft or business. Whether they will be attending songwriting camps, sessions or meetings, we are happy to help by offering fully equipped accommodations.
Note: You must be a SOCAN member to make a reservation at a SOCAN House. The good news is that it’s really easy to become a member.
Please note, demand for SOCAN House reservations is high, therefore stays at are not allocated on a first come, first served basis. If more than one application is received for the same dates, applications will be reviewed and only one will be selected. Successful candidates will be notified approximately two months before their requested stay.
SOCAN House Los Angeles is a private apartment, nestled in the beautiful L.A. city of Silverlake, only steps away from the famous Sunset Boulevard.
SOCAN House in Paris is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Summary of important Information about your stay (see application for full guidelines and terms and conditions)
- A SOCAN member, if selected, is eligible for a stay of up to one week per calendar year at each SOCAN house. For example, a member who stayed at SOCAN House Los Angeles in May of the current year will not be eligible to stay again until January of the following year, but will be eligible to stay at another SOCAN House during the current year.
- An application for a stay should not be submitted to SOCAN more than 3 months prior to the desired stay date. If you are selected for a stay in one of the SOCAN houses, we will notify you approximately 2 months before the check-in date of your stay.
- The availability of each SOCAN House is posted on the online calendar at socan.com. Please check the online calendar for availability and submit your request as soon as possible (but not more than 3 months in advance). Please note:
- SOCAN offers these stays at SOCAN Houses to those members who, in our opinion, will benefit most from the stay. Consequently, these stays are not determined on a first-come, first-served basis when we receive more than one request for the same stay period.
- SOCAN Houses may not be available during major events or conferences in these cities. While SOCAN makes every effort to indicate these periods of unavailability in the online calendar, we may notify you that your desired stay period is no longer available after we have received your request. In such cases, SOCAN will offer you the opportunity to request another period of stay.
- The duration and maintenance costs of each stay are as follows:
- SOCAN House in L.A.: 7 days—US$250
- SOCAN House in Nashville: 7 days—US$200
All stays start on a Monday and end on a Sunday. Check-in is after noon (local time) on the Monday and check-out is before noon (local time) on the Sunday.
If you are selected for a stay at SOCAN House, we will inform you of the deadline for paying the maintenance fee that is required to secure your reservation.
If you wish to stay longer than the above durations, please indicate this on your application (or submit your application to SOCAN as soon as possible if your stay has already been approved by SOCAN). SOCAN reserves the sole discretion to approve such a request and may charge an additional maintenance fee for an extended stay.
- Occupancy in all SOCAN Houses is limited to two people, including yourself. If your guest is also a SOCAN member, please include their name and membership number on your application.
SOCAN DESTINATION song camps
Community, Education and Craft Development
SOCAN believes community and connection go hand-in-hand with craft development and education, so we make it a priority to be accessible and provide resources across the country. Each year SOCAN Creative representatives can be found at music industry conferences and events participating in a variety of ways, all in an effort to help you grow on your career journey.
- SOCAN Song Houses – mini song camps held at conferences across Canada.
- SOCAN Masterclass, Cooking Beats and Mic Drop panels – educational conversations with successful songwriters, producers and industry professionals.
- SOCAN 101 sessions – SOCAN business and financial education.
- SOCAN Family & Friends events – an opportunity and informal way for members to connect with SOCAN staff and other SOCAN members.
We look forward to connecting at a conference or event near you!